SUGAR SHOWDOWN SEATTLE 2015, presented by FOX!
This 4th of July, come throwdown at the 4th annual Sugar Showdown!
VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION LINK
- 6:00pm-8:00pm – Meet & Greet (bike checks & intros)
- 7:30am – Set-Up
- 8:00am-8:30am – Registration
- 8:30am-9:00am – Intros
- 9:00am-12:00pm – Coaching
- 9:30am – Sugar Daddies Ride 1
- 10:00am-4:00pm – Sweet Peas Class
- 12:00pm-1:00pm – LUNCH
- 1:00pm-2:00pm – Afternoon skills sessions
- 2:00pm-3:00pm – Voodoo / Semper Coach Feedback Stations
- 2:00pm – Sugar Daddies Ride 2
- 3:00pm-3:30pm – Cookie Circle & Feedback
- 4:00pm – Open Practice for Competitors
- 7:30am-8:00am – Registration
- 8:00am-8:15am – Rider Meeting
- 8:15am-9:00am – Practice: Novice/Amateur Practice / Semi-Pro
- 9:00am-10:00am – COMP: Novice / Cubes / AM / Semi-Pro
- Sugar Cubes
- AM 15-25
- AM 26-35
- AM 36-45
- Masterettes 46+
- 10:30am-11:30am – Practice: Pros
- 11:00am – Rider Meeting: Pros
- 11:30am-12:00pm – COMP: Pros
- 12:00pm-1:00pm – LUNCH
- 1:00pm-1:30pm – Sweet Peas Jump Jam
- 2:00pm-2:30pm – Pro Jump Jam – Voodoo
- 2:00pm-5:00pm – Dance Party
- 4:00pm – Awards
- 5:30pm – Clean Up
This ladies-only ridestyle event focuses on freeride skills including jumping, dropping and wall rides. Our experienced, professional coaches will emphasize form and style. We are committed to creating a supportive environment where women can encourage each other and most importantly, have fun! Sugar Showdown is not about winning – it’s about creating a space where women can push their personal limits and build our Sisterhood of Shred!
Get ready to progress your ridestyle and throwdown at the Showdown! Our three-day weekend begins on Friday with a Meet & Greet. Riders will have a chance to meet the coaches and have their bikes checked for safety and fit.
On Saturday, some of the best coaches in North America will provide small group training on jumping, drops and railing berms. Sunday is a fun day of friendly competition where you can put all your new skills to the test.
Sunday’s competition is broken down by age and skill, with Novice/Amateur riders on Voodoo Child and Pros on Semper Dirticus.
New this year, on Saturday we are running a Sugar Daddy Ride for our sons, husbands, and male significant others join in and enjoy the spirit of this event. We love that the men in our lives are so supportive of our progression in riding and want to make sure fun is had by all. So lets round up the men and boys, get them on bikes (tutus are optional) and get them out for a group ride on the Duthie trails. Two rides are planned and will meet in the Duthie clearing at 9:30am and 2:00pm.
- Michelin Tires
- Woodinville Bicycle
- Five Ten
- Ryders Eyewear
- HOT PINK
- WSCL – WA Student Cycling League
- Plus these amazing sponsors:
- Bell Helmets
- Unchained Seattle
- Clif Bar
- Stevens Pass Bike Park
- Sweet Spot Skirts
- Iron Horse Brewery
- Single Track Cycle
- Compass Outdoor Adventures
- Vain Hair Salon
- Evergreen Crank Sisters
- Russell Sign Co
DJ Sulli will be playing at the afterparty in the clearing!
We have a special program for our Sweet Peas (riders aged 6-8), with a 2-hour class on Saturday and a FREE Jump Jam on Sunday.
- Dates: July 3-5
- July 3 – Meet & Greet
- July 4 – Class
- July 5 – Comp
- Duthie Hill Park, Issaquah, WA
- Meet & Greet is in the new parking lot
- Class & Comp –
- Early Bird Pricing $175
- May 20 – $185
- June 20 – $195
- Comp Only – $40
- Sweet Peas Class – $50
- Sweet Peas Jump Jam – FREE
- Includes: lunch Saturday and Sunday
- REGISTRATION LINK
- Friday: 6pm – 8pm
- Saturday: 9am – 4pm
- Sunday: 9am – 4pm
- Sweet-T’s (t-shirts) – $15 pre-sale or $20 at the event (last day to pre-order is June 17)
Men’s Black & Pink
Ladies Neon Green & Turqoise
Must have been riding mountain bikes for a minimum of 1 year and be ready to jump and drop.
MEET & GREET:
Friday, July 3, 6pm-8pm
Friday night we will meet in the new Duthie parking lot to meet the coaches and students and check over all of the ladies bikes. We won’t be riding at that time.
Saturday, July 4, 9am-4pm
Groups will be split up based on ability and whether students have been to one of our programs before or not. New students will spend more time on form in the beginning. Returning students will do a form refresher then move on to freeride skills. Students are automatically entered in the comp but don’t have to participate unless they want to.
Sugar Cubes is for 9-14 year olds all-day Saturday. Girls must have been riding mountain bikes for a minimum of 2 years and be ready to start jumping or push their jumping to the next level.
Sweet Peas is a 2 hour class for 6-8 year olds on Saturday from 1pm-3pm. The girls will practice on the pump track and Luna lines working on skills while having fun! Must be riding 2-wheels! Not training wheels. Coaster brakes are ok but hand brakes are preferred.
Sunday, July 5, 9am-4pm
Novice and Amateur riders will compete on Voodoo Child. Novice riders are new to jumping. Amateurs have a bit more jumping experience. Judging will be based on form and style.
Semi-Pros will compete on Voodoo Child. This category is for women who have been jumping for a while are almost ready to compete on Semper Dirticus but feel more comfortable on Voodoo.
The Pro category will compete on Semper Dirticus. This class is for ladies who have been jumping for a long time. Judging is based on style, amplitude and tricks. You will see a lot of turn-bars, x-ups, one footers, no-footers, tam-boggins, whips, kick outs, no-handers, table tops, ET airs, bar humps, combinations, and some surprise moves. Pros will be given more points for larger features, the Rooster Booster (3rd jump) and the By Pass (after the drop to hip), no points for the wall ride or rolls after it.
- Novice (new to jumping)
- Amateur Sugar Cubes, 9-14
- Amateur 15-25
- Amateur 26-35
- Amateur 36-45
- Masterettes 46+
Special Awards Include:
- Most Improved
- Best Trick (for Pros)
- Most Supportive Rider
- Most Creative
- Highest Amplitude
- Mom / Daughter Teams
- Trail Builder Volunteer Hours – (earn Sugar Points for hours of trail work)
COACHES: More to be added
- Kat Sweet
- Tammy Donahugh
- Angi Weston
- Meg Valliant
- Stephanie Nychka
- Cortney Knudson
- Lauren Heitzman
- Lisa Mason
- Carolyn Kavanagh
- Kaytlin Melvin – assistant coach
- Larkspur Landing Bellevue
- Studio Queen Suite: $159/night (limited time rate offer)
- Executive King Suite:$169/night (limited time rate offer)
- Luxurious Queen and king FeatherBorne Beds are combined with a fully stocked kitchen to make the perfect studio or one-room suites. Enjoy new flat screen TVs with DVD players, LATHER bath amenities, free WiFi, plenty of comfortable workspace, and our customary amenities.
- MENTION SUGAR SHOWDOWN FOR A DISCOUNT!
- Your reservation includes:
- Complimentary chocolate-chip cookies and coffee
- Complimentary breakfast buffet
- Complimentary guest laundry facility
- Access to whirlpool Jacuzzi.
- Complementary WiFi accesses