Kat Sweet’s Bio
Mountain Bike Coach, Independent: 2007~Present
- Including freelancing for Dirt Series in various states and See Jane Jump in Canada.
Youth Program Coordinator, Cascade Bicycle Club Education Foundation: 2005~Present
- Managing a bike safety program working with 150 physical education teachers and reaching 12,000 children.
- Managing events, summer camps, and after school programs.
- Conference speaker: The League of American Bicyclists, 2007 & 2010; International Mountain Bike Alliance, 2008; Pro Walk/Pro Bike, 2008; School assemblies.
- Managing AmeriCorps staff, ride leaders, coaches, and volunteers.
- Overseeing and maintaining a fleet of 250 bikes, 5 trailers, and riding gear.
Executive Director & Founder, Trips for Kids Seattle: 2002~Present
- Tasks include grant writing, program managing, leading rides, training and managing ride leaders and 150 volunteers, and youth agency outreach and coordination.
- Level 2 International Mountain Bike Instructor Certification, 2010.
- Endless Biking, Level 1 Coach, 2009.
- United Bicycle Institution, Certified Mechanic, 2008.
- USA Cycling Coach, 2007.
- League of American Bicyclists Certified Instructor, 2007.
- Cat 1 Downhill Mountain Bike Racing
- NW Cup Champion, 2010.
- Crankworx Giant Slalom Gold Medalist, 2010 & 2011
- Team Dirt Corps: 80 hours of trail and community work in addition to competing, 2008-Present.
- Skier Cross
- Gravity Games, 2000.
- X-Games, 1999 & 2000.
- Over 20 years of mountain bike experience, competing at the local, state, and national level; training fitness, strength, and technical skills while pushing mental and physical limits.
- Professional Mountain Bike Racer & Ski Competitor, 1990’s.
- Expert National Downhill Champion, 1998.
- TaeKwonDo: 2nd Red Belt, 2009.
- Decline Magazine, photo and mention, March 2011.
- Filmed for Pedal Driven documentary bike movie, 2011.
- Momentum Magazine, photo and interview, August 2010.
- Bike Magazine, photo and interview, July 2010.