2019 CAMP DATES
June 17 – 21
Dirt Shredders 1
June 24 – 28
Gravity Girls 1
Dirt Shredders 2
July 1 – 3
Shred Academy 1
July 10 – 12
Dirt Shredders 3
July 15 – 19
Gravity Academy 1
Dirt Shredders 4
Dirt Shredders Tolt 1
July 22 – 26
Dirt Shredders 5
Dirt Shredders Tolt 2
July 29 – Aug 2
Gravity Girls 2
Shred Academy 2
Gravity Academy 2
Dirt Shredders 6
Aug 19 – 23
Shred Academy 3
Dirt Shredders 7
Dirt Shredders Tolt 3
Aug 26 – 28
Dirt Shredders 8
CLICK ON A CAMP BELOW TO LEARN MORE
SHREDDERS CLUB – DUTHIE (6-9 yrs)
Shred-tacular bike fun awaits you at Sweetlines Shredders Club! At Duthie Hill professional coaches will lead groups on trail rides and teach beginner to intermediate riding skills. The focus will be on mountain bike skills and trail riding. Shredders will have plenty of opportunity to become a better rider, learn about bikes and the outdoors, make friends, and grow as individuals.
- Dates: Mondays & Wednesday for 2 weeks
- Session 1 – july 1, 3, 8, 10
- Session 2 – July 15, 17, 22, 24
- Session 3 – july 29, 31, Aug 5, 7
- Session 4 – Aug 19, 21, 26, 28
- Time: 3:00pm – 5:00pm
- Ages: 6-9
- Location: Duthie Hill Park
- Meeting Place: the main parking lot
- 26400 SE Issaquah Fall-City Rd, Issaquah
- Cost: $160
- Format: skills, trail riding, games, and much more!
- Levels: beginner to advanced intermediate, we will split into groups based on ability levels
- Gender: all genders welcome!
DIRT SHREDDERS CAMPS – DUTHIE (6-9 yrs)
Dirt shredders will explore the trails in search of lost treasure, learn basic bike handling skills like the “jammin salmon,” the rules of the trail, do wheel lifts over rubber chickens, tons of laps on the pump track, and style the slalom course. We will play bike games, make bike art, and of course refuel with lots of snack breaks thanks to Clif Bar. Our pro coaches will even do a jump show for the kids. There will be lots of free time to play and create off the bike, under our guidance in the rock pile and wood zone – nature’s Legos!
DIRT SHREDDERS CAMPS – TOLT MCDONALD (7-10 yrs)
This camp wonderfully combines a “choose your own adventure camp” with mountain bikes. Under the guidance of expert coaches, beginner mountain bike skills will be learned, trails will be ridden, and bike games will be played. Kids will also be given the opportunity to make decisions on what they want to do. Plenty of unstructured time in nature to explore, create, make friends, be imaginative, and maybe by accident you might just learn something! There will be not jumps or pump track at this camp.
GRAVITY GIRLS CAMPS (9-16 yrs)
Ride like a girl and be proud! This camp is about building skills and confidence on and off the bike. We will work on technique, ride trails, do some trail work, make inner tube art and jewelry out of recycled tubes, and learn to fix flat tires. Plus each day we will have talks about girlhood, how girls are marketed to, women in sports, and various topics the girls get to choose.
GRAVITY ACADEMY (9-16 yrs)
This is an intermediate to advanced level camp for students interested in gravity style riding; freeride, slopestyle, slalom, pump track, downhill, and advanced skills. Must have a minimum of 2 years of mountain biking experience. Plus we’ll do some trail work to keep our park ready to shred! Special guest pro riders will be coming in to ride with and coach the students.
SHRED ACADEMY (10-14 yrs)
This camp is perfect for our campers who have graduated from Dirt Shredders, who are 10 or older, who are more focused on trail riding than jumping, or who aren’t quite ready for Gravity Academy. We will get more serious about skills and trail riding.
GENERAL CAMP INFORMATION
WHAT’S INCLUDED WITH EACH CAMP:
- Free Sweetlines t-shirt
- Free Clif Bar snacks
- G-Form protective gear to borrow
- Element Cycles 15% discount on select gear and 10% off Norco bikes
- Trail building time (older kids only)
- 50% of the service fee is included
- $10 off for multiple camp registrations!
GEAR LIST – WHAT TO BRING
1. Mountain Bike
- In good working order
- Hand brakes are mandatory (no coaster brakes, no backpedaling brakes)
- No training wheels
- No kickstands (dangerous for riding trails)
- Norco bikes available to demo for $10 per day
- Must be a CPSC certified bike helmet
- Full-face helmet strongly recommended for Gravity Academy
3. Flat Pedals
- No clip in pedals
- Deity pedals available to borrow for older riders
- Closed-toed, flat soled shoes
- Five Ten or skate style work better than running shoes
- Five Ten shoes available to borrow for older riders
- Knee and elbow pads
- Limited pads available to borrow
7. Hydration Pack / Water Bottle
- A small hydration pack or water bottle is also recommended
- Electrolyte drink recommended too
- We will have a cooler of water to refill bottles
- Backpack to carry lunch and supplies
- Pack extra food and snacks
- We can drive lunches packs into the park
9. Other Items
- Bug Spray
10. Medical (as needed)
- EPI pen – must be carried by rider at all times
- Inhaler – must be carried by rider at all times
BIKE & BRAKES REQUIREMENTS
Bike: Mountain bike
- BMX or kids style bikes are ok
- No training wheels
- No kickstands
- Must have 2 hand brakes
- No coaster brakes (no backpedaling to stop)
As long as you cancel 2 weeks (14 days) prior to the camp start date, you will be refunded the full amount minus a $25 processing fee. No refunds for canceling within a week of the camp start date unless you have a doctor’s letter.
Camp happens rain or shine but we may cancel if there is thunder and lightning.
Due to the fire hazards of the past couple summers. we are looking into what precautions we should take to ensure the health and safety of our campers. More information to follow.
SAFETY COMES FIRST!
OUR SAFETY POLICIES:
- All coaches are professionally trained
- All coaches are certified in First Aid and CPR
- All coaches are background checked
- Sweetlines has a “challenge by choice” policy
- Kat Sweet has been running kids bike programs since 2003
Inclusivity has always been a core value for Sweetlines. Kat Sweet began her mission with hope to bring more females to the sport, which now extends to all genders. At the core of her mission is inclusivity; we strive to deliver inclusive and accessible camps for all. We are working towards a future where everyone, no matter their background, such as age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability, feels they too can learn to ride mountain bikes and be part of our community. We are always trying to improve our practice so please share your expertise, feedback, and comments with us. For participants who may need accommodations, please give advanced notice to ensure that we can provide an optimal experience.
SWEETLINES SOFT GOODS
Available as add-ons with registration. The registration system will charge you even if you are on the waitlist.
SWEETLINES YOUTH HOODIES – $35
SWEETLINES ADULT HOODIES – $35
SWEETLINES TRUCKER HAT – $15
SWEETLINES POPSOCKET – $10
SWEETLINES CINCH PACK BAG – $10
“Her self-confidence has really taken off ever since the Dirt Shredders camp this summer. I think you have changed her life, thank you.” – Jessica