GET READY TO GET SHREDDY
FALL KIDS PROGRAMS 2019
SHRED SISTERS – WEEKLY, 2 HRS / DAY
Come be part of our sisterhood of shred! This club is about building skills and confidence on and off the bike. We will work on technique, ride trails, make inner tube art and jewelry out of recycled inner tubes (on rainy days), and play games!
SHREDDERS CLUB – WEEKLY, 2 HRS / DAY
Shred-tacular bike fun awaits you at Sweetlines Shredders Club! At Duthie Hill, professional coaches will lead groups on trail rides and teach beginner to intermediate riding skills. The focus will be on mountain bike skills and trail riding. Shredders will have plenty of opportunities to become a better rider, learn about bikes and the outdoors, make friends, and grow as individuals.
SHRED ACADEMY – WEEKLY, 2 HRS / DAY
Is trail riding your favorite part of mountain biking? This camp is for riders 10 and older and will focus on beginner to intermediate trail riding skills. Descending, cornering, how to ride smooth, steep edges, and other trail skill will be taught by out expert coaches. Trail riding, skill lessons, bike games, and adventure are all sure things at Shred Academy. Come out to learn and grow on and off the bike! New students welcome.
GEAR LIST – WHAT TO BRING
1. Mountain Bike
- In good working order
- Hand brakes are mandatory (no coaster brakes, no backpedaling brakes)
- No training wheels
- No kickstands (dangerous for riding trails)
- Norco bikes available to demo for $10 per day
- Must be a CPSC certified bike helmet
- Full-face helmet strongly recommended for Gravity Academy
3. Flat Pedals
- No clip in pedals
- Deity pedals available to borrow for older riders
- Closed-toed, flat soled shoes
- Five Ten or skate style work better than running shoes
- Five Ten shoes available to borrow for older riders
- Knee and elbow pads
- G-Form pads available to borrow
7. Hydration Pack / Water Bottle
- A hydration pack or water bottle is also recommended
- Electrolyte drink recommended too
- We will have a cooler of water to refill bottles
- Clif Bars available
- Pack extra snacks
9. Other Items
- Bug Spray
10. Medical (as needed)
- EPI pen – must be carried by rider at all times
- Inhaler – must be carried by rider at all times
BIKE & BRAKES REQUIREMENTS
Bike: Mountain bike
- BMX or kids style bikes are ok
- No training wheels
- No kickstands
- Must have 2 hand brakes
- No coaster brakes (no backpedaling to stop)
As long as you cancel 2 weeks (14 days) prior to the program start date, you will be refunded the full amount minus a $25 processing fee. No refunds for canceling within a week of the program start date unless you have a doctor’s letter.
Program happens rain or shine but we may cancel if there is thunder and lightning.
Due to the fire hazards of the past couple summers. we are looking into what precautions we should take to ensure the health and safety of our campers. More information to follow.
SAFETY COMES FIRST!
OUR SAFETY POLICIES:
- All coaches are professionally trained
- All coaches are certified in First Aid and CPR
- All coaches are background checked
- Sweetlines has a “challenge by choice” policy
- Kat Sweet has been running kids bike programs since 2003
Inclusivity has always been a core value for Sweetlines. Kat Sweet began her mission with hope to bring more females to the sport, which now extends to all genders. At the core of her mission is inclusivity; we strive to deliver inclusive and accessible camps for all. We are working towards a future where everyone, no matter their background, such as age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability, feels they too can learn to ride mountain bikes and be part of our community. We are always trying to improve our practice so please share your expertise, feedback, and comments with us. For participants who may need accommodations, please give advanced notice to ensure that we can provide an optimal experience.
SWEETLINES SOFT GOODS
Available as add-ons with registration. The registration system will charge you even if you are on the waitlist.
SWEETLINES POPSOCKET – $10
“Her self-confidence has really taken off ever since the Dirt Shredders camp this summer. I think you have changed her life, thank you.” – Jessica