PUMP TRACK – 2 HRS
Five full days of fun awaits you at Sweetlines Dirt Shredders camp! At Duthie Hill professional coaches will lead groups on trail rides and teach beginner to advanced riding skills. The focus of the camp will be on mountain bikes, but options like group games, crafts, bike art, and free time to play in the woods will be available. Shredders will have plenty of opportunity to become a better rider, learn about bikes and the outdoors, make friends, and grow as individuals.
Dirt Shredders Schedule (varies daily):
- 9:30 to 10:00 – Arrive at Duthie Hill park and play games with coaches
- 10:00 to 10:20 – Ride into the park as a group
- 10:20 to 10:40 – Snack time (sponsored by Clif Bar)
- 10:40 to 12:00 – Separate into riding groups to learn skills and ride trails
- 12:00 to 1:00 – Lunch/pump track
- After lunch actives varies by day
- 1:00 to 2:50 – Trail Ridding, skills, jump jam, games, or crafts
- 2:50 to 3:00 – Pack up camp
- 3:00 to 3:10 – End of the day rap up and reflection
- 3:10 to 3:30 – Ride to the parking lot as a group
- 3:30 – Pickup time
Kids will be placed into 3-4 groups based on ability level.
Shred Level 1: Beginner – brand new to mountain biking.
Shred Level 2: Novice – ridden mountain bike trails a few times. Trails: Honey Badger, Boot Camp.
Shred Level 3: Intermediate – ridden mountain bike trails for a year or two. Trails: boot camp, Deuces Wild, Jubilane, maybe Luna Jump Lines.
Shred Level 4: Intermediate-Advanced – ridden mountain bike trails for 2+ years and are pretty confident on the bike / trails: boot camp, Deuces Wild, Jubilane, plus Voodoo Child, Luna Jump Lines.
Shred Level 5: Advanced – very confident rider and jumper / trails: boot camp, Deuces Wild, Jubilane, plus Voodoo Child, maybe jumping Luna Lines, plus starting or completing Gravy Train and possibly starting Flying Squirrel.
Cost: $395 – 5 day / $235 – 3 day
Ages: 6-9 years (no one under 6 please, and must have been through kindergarten)
Location: Duthie Hill Park, Issaquah
Gender: All genders welcome
*Dirt shredders must be able to ride on two wheels confidently! Brand new bike riders should not be mountain biking yet. Brand new mountain bikers are welcome!