SHRED ACADEMY FALL
WEEKLY, 2 HRS / DAY
SHRED ACADEMY FALL – WEEKLY, 2 HRS / DAY
Is trail riding your favorite part of mountain biking? This camp is for riders 10 and older and will focus on beginner to intermediate trail riding skills. Descending, cornering, how to ride smooth, edges, and other trail skill will be taught by out expert coaches. Trail riding, skill lessons, bike games, and adventure are all sure things at Shred Academy. Come out to learn and grow on and off the bike! New students welcome.
Kids will be placed into groups based on ability level.
Shred Level 1: Beginner – brand new to mountain biking.
Shred Level 2: Novice – ridden mountain bike trails a few times. Trails: Honey Badger, Boot Camp.
Shred Level 3: Intermediate – ridden mountain bike trails for a year or two. Trails: Boot Camp, Deuces Wild, Jubilane.
Shred Level 4: Intermediate-Advanced – ridden mountain bike trails for 2+ years and are pretty confident on the bike / trails: Boot Camp, Deuces Wild, Jubilane, and possibly Voodoo Child.
Sept 8, 15, 22, 29 (4 weeks, 4 days)
- Level 3 – Intermediate
Format: Skills, trail riding, games, and much more!
Ages: 10-14 years
All Genders Welcome
*This program is for older kids who are intermediate level riders hoping to increase their skills and trail shredding.
SHRED LEVEL 1: BEGINNER
Ride Years: 0 - ½ years of riding on dirt trails (1 year of bike riding)
Brand new to mountain biking but a solid bike rider, can stand up on their pedals
Duthie Trails: Honey Badger, Pump Track
SHRED LEVEL 2: NOVICE
Ride Years: ½-1 year of riding on dirt trails
Duthie Trails: Honey Badger, Lower Boot Camp, Deuces Wild, Pump Track
SHRED LEVEL 3: INTERMEDIATE
Ride Years: 1-3 years
Duthie Trails: Lower and Full Boot Camp, Deuces Wild, Jubilane (2Hi), Movin’ On, maybe Luna Jump Lines.
SHRED LEVEL 4: ADVANCED INTERMEDIATE
Ride Years: 2-4 years
Duthie Trails: Voodoo Child, Luna Jump Lines, Ryan’s Line
Tokul Trails: blue trails, DIY
Raging River Trails: Flow State
Summit Ridge Trails: Berminator, Roller Derby
SHRED LEVEL 5: ADVANCED
Black Diamond Trails
Ride Years: 3-5 years
Very confident rider and jumper
Duthie Trails: starting on or completing Gravy Train, top of Flying Squirrel, Semper Dirticus
Tokul Trails: Black trails, Tokyo Drift, Crazy Ivan, Midtown
Raging River Trails: Old 27 trails
Summit Ridge Trails: ATM Trail
SHRED LEVEL 6: EXPERT
Black and Double Black Diamond Trails
Ride Years: 4+ years
Duthie Trails: Squirrel, Double Trouble, Paramount
Tokul Trails: Black trails
Raging River Trails: Old 27 trails
GEAR LIST & INFO
1. Mountain Bike
- In good working order
- Gears recommended
- Front Suspension recommended
- Hand brakes are mandatory (no coaster brakes, no backpedaling brakes)
- No training wheels
- No kickstands (dangerous for riding trails)
- Norco bikes available to demo for half off via Ride Bicycles Bike Shop (code sweetlines)
***Please do an A, B, C, Quick Check before camp starts!***
- A = Air – 20+ PSI minimum
B = Brakes – be sure brakes work
C = Chain – Should be lubed at least once a week to prevent rusting
Quick = Quick Releases – snug
- Must have 2 hand brakes
- No coaster brakes (no backpedaling to stop)
- Wear a mask or neck gaiter around the neck
- We will pull these up when we are within 6' of other riders
- Must be a CPSC certified bike helmet
- Full-face helmet strongly recommended for advanced riders
5. Flat Pedals
- No clip in pedals
- Closed-toed, flat soled shoes
- Five Ten or skate style with flat bottoms work better than running shoes with lugs
- Knee pads are mandatory
- Elbow pads are recommended
- Full finger gloves are mandatory
9. Hydration Pack/ Water Bottle
- A hydration pack or water bottle is also recommended
- Pack a snack
- Clif Bars available too
11. Other Items
- Bug Spray
12. Medical (as needed)
- EPI pen – must be carried by rider at all times
- Inhaler – must be carried by rider at all times
- All coaches are professionally trained
- All coaches are certified in First Aid and CPR
- All coaches are background checked
- Sweetlines has a “challenge by choice” policy
- Kat Sweet has been running kids bike programs since 2003
Inclusivity has always been a core value for Sweetlines. Kat Sweet began her mission with hope to bring more females to the sport, which now extends to all genders. At the core of her mission is inclusivity; we strive to deliver inclusive and accessible camps for all. We are working towards a future where everyone, no matter their background, such as age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability, feels they too can learn to ride mountain bikes and be part of our community. We are always trying to improve our practice so please share your expertise, feedback, and comments with us. For participants who may need accommodations, please give advanced notice to ensure that we can provide an optimal experience.
As long as you cancel 2 weeks (14 days) prior to the program start date, you will be refunded the full amount minus a $25 processing fee. No refunds for canceling within a week of the program start date unless you have a doctor’s letter. Program happens rain or shine but we may cancel if there is thunder and lightning. Due to the fire hazards of the past couple summers, we are looking into what precautions we should take to ensure the health and safety of our campers.
Tax Info: EIN - 82-1550878