Coach with Sweetlines
Join our awesome coach crew
Sweetlines Coach Job Description
Sweetlines is hiring MTB coaches! Are you great with kids? Love mountain biking? Value the bike community? Want to share your experience with future generations of shredders? Apply to be part of our passionate and committed team!
- Teach and match skills with trail rides and features at Duthie Hill Bike Park. You will guide small groups of campers through practice, games and fun rides. You will be a key part of learners’ successes teaching practical knowledge and encouraging safe steps for progress. You will also explore new trails, discuss trail etiquette, and prepare them for basic mishaps.
- We are looking for coaches for our racing teams, Spring Semester Programs, and Summer Camps.
- Spring Semester: Must be available Wednesdays 4:45pm-7:15pm and/or Saturdays from 9:45am-12:15 and/or 12:15-2:45pm. Spring programs start mid-March and run through May with the possibility of adding Summer dates.
- Summer Camps: Must be available Mon-Fri 9/9:30am-4/4:30pm (camp times vary). Camps run weekdays from June 13th – Sept. 2. (You do not need to be available for every week of camp, but must be willing to commit to a full week of coaching for weeks you are available.)
- Racing Team: Must be available Tues and/or Wed 5pm-7pm; Sat and/or Sun 2pm-5pm. Our race program runs from Feb-Oct.
- Must be 16 or older
- Must be great at working with kids of all different backgrounds, good at teaching, a solid mountain biker, have basic bike maintenance knowledge, be a creative problem solver, have lots of patience, be safety conscious, and committed to having fun!
- MTB certifications are not required, but we value coaches who have BICP or PMBIA certifications. Regardless of training, you must come through Sweetlines’ Coach Training for Youth Programs
- If hired, First Aid and CPR certifications are mandatory
- Proficient at mountain biking with a minimum of 2 years of riding experience
- Previous teaching experience helpful
- These positions require the ability to ride mountain bikes 3-6 hrs/day (with lots of breaks), carrying a heavy pack. Accommodations can be made for an excellent candidate.
- For Race Team coaches only: must have personal experience racing downhill and/or enduro
- Pay starts at $19 per hour. Hourly increases available depending on experience.
At Sweetlines, our vision is to help shape generations of awesome human beings. We are committed to building a passionate, inclusive and diverse MTB community. Our programs build skills, unlock potential and teach social betterment and environmental stewardship.
Sweetlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides every applicant and employee with equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, age, or any other characteristic that makes you who you are. We encourage people – especially those from BIPOC and/or marginalized groups – to apply to join our team and get kids stoked on mountain biking!
4580 Klahanie Dr SE #264
Issaquah, WA 98029