The Sweetlines Jr. Racing Girls Are Rad
In 2014, Nyla Stevens (A-Nyla-Lator) and her dad came to me with the idea of expanding beyond coaching programs and taking the next step of promoting girls gravity riding, and so Sweetlines Junior Racing was born. We started racing in 2015 and now we have 18 girls ages 8 to 21 racing downhill, enduro, jumping bikes and spreading the love of shred.
The past years have been full of progression, laughter, a few tears, and mostly the love of riding.
“Being part of this team has taught me to break through stereotypes like that girls are delicate.”
“Through SJR I have learned how to handle hard things. At one of my races I thought the course looked too hard but I overcame my fear, and at the end of the race I went back for more laps.”
I founded Sweetlines in 2011 with the focus of creating community, building confidence, and promoting stewardship for women and kids via mountain biking programs. We want to empower our athletes to rise to their full potential and to promote this exciting, growing sport. We can’t wait to see what the new year will bring, and we’re super excited for the future of women’s riding. – Kat Sweet
Video Produced by:
Full Speed Digital Cinema
Turn The Sport Off (1463/5) Bob Bradley (PRS)/ Sarah Wassal (PRS)
SWEETLINES JR RACING
FAST! FUN! FIERCE!
Sweetlines Junior Racing is an all-girls mountain bike development team committed to progressing gravity focused racing for girls of the next generation. Sweetlines Junior Racing objectives are skill development and self-empowerment through training, racing, mentoring, trail building, goal setting and healthy living.
Already changing the current face of downhill racing, this ground-breaking team is made up of girls, ages 8-21. The girls train and compete throughout the Pacific Northwest under the guidance of mentors and professional coaches. While centered around competition, Sweetlines Junior Racing focuses on creating a positive and supportive community. This serves as the foundation for the girls to grow personally and advance in the sport.
Founded in 2015!
+Build confidence and skill
+Create a positive and supportive community
+Foster a healthy lifestyle
+Gain goal-setting skills
- “Syd-Vicious” – Sydney Haberman, age 18, PRO
- “A-Nyla-Lator” – Nyla Stevens, age 15, JR Ex
- “Shredulia” aka “Shred“– Julia Lofqvist Traum, age 15, Jr Ex / PRO Jumper
- “Steezy-E” – Emma Artz, age 16, Jr Ex
- “Elle-O-Elle” – Coach Elle Runyan, age 21, PRO
- “Drama Llama” – Riley Amsbry, age 16, Cat 2
- “Jett” – Jetta Potter, age 14, Cat 2
- “Rippin’ Riley” – Riley Hudson, age 14, Cat 2
- “Gnarly Nory” – Nory Klein, age 12, Cat 2
- “MoJo” – Josephine Aubin, age 13, Cat 2
- “Kiki Torch” – Caitlin Edison, age 13, Cat 2
- “Flowy Chloe” – Chloe Bear, age 13, Cat 2
- “Lily Rad” – Lily Artz, age 12, Cat 3
- “Orange Crusher” – Clementine McGee, age 11, Cat 3
- “The Comet” – Haley Angel, age 14, Cat 3
- “Debstroyer” – Deb Gallagnar, age 10, Cat 3
- “Leahnimal’ – Leah Macartney, age 10, Cat 3
- “Josie the Riveter” – Josie Macartney, age 8, Cat 3
- “Air Claire” – Claire Kushnick, age 14, Cat 3
SWEETLINES JR RACING DOWNHILL DEVELOPMENT TEAM
- “Coach Kat-Scratch” – Kat Sweet: Pro Jumper, former Pro DH racer, IMBA Level 3 ICP Coach
- “Kris Kross” – Kris Christensen: Pro DH racer, IMBA Level 1 ICP
- “Elle-O-Elle” – Elle Runyan, Pro DH racer, Sweetlines Coach
- NW Cups – April through September
- Evergreen MTB Fest – June: booth, girls ride, jump show, pump track timed runs
- Crankworx – August: comp
- Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day – October: booth, pump track timed runs, girls ride, jump show
- Trail Building – winter / spring
HOLLAAAAAAA // GET IN TOUCH
Email Sweetlines Jr Racing Team (email@example.com)