DIRT SHREDDERS CLUB
WEEKLY, 2 HRS / DAY
DIRT SHREDDERS CLUB – WEEKLY, 2 HRS / DAY
Shred-tacular bike fun awaits you at Sweetlines Shredders Club! At Duthie Hill professional coaches will lead groups on trail rides and teach beginner to intermediate riding skills. The focus will be on mountain bike skills and trail riding. Shredders will have plenty of opportunity to become a better rider, learn about bikes and the outdoors, make friends, and grow as individuals.
Kids will be placed into groups based on ability level.
Shred Level 1: Beginner – brand new to mountain biking.
Shred Level 2: Novice – ridden mountain bike trails a few times. Trails: Honey Badger, Boot Camp.
Shred Level 3: Intermediate – ridden mountain bike trails for a year or two. Trails: Boot Camp, Deuces Wild, Jubilane.
Shred Level 4: Intermediate-Advanced – ridden mountain bike trails for 2+ years and are pretty confident on the bike / trails: Boot Camp, Deuces Wild, Jubilane, maybe Voodoo.
- $249 (5 week)
- $299 (6 week)
- Dates: Saturdays
- Session 1 – Mar 28, Apr 4, 11, 18, 25
- Session 2 – May 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, June 6
- Format: skills, trail riding, games, and much more!
- Time: 1pm-3pm
- Ages: 6-9 years
- Levels: Beginner to Advanced Intermediate
- Location: Duthie Hill Park, Issaquah
- Gender: All genders welcome
*Shredders must be able to ride on two wheels confidently! Brand new bike riders should not be mountain biking yet. Brand new mountain bikers are welcome!
GEAR LIST & INFO
1. Mountain Bike
- In good working order
- Gears recommended
- Front Suspension recommended
- Hand brakes are mandatory (no coaster brakes, no backpedaling brakes)
- BMX or kids style bikes are ok
- No training wheels
- No kickstands (dangerous for riding trails)
- Norco bikes available to demo for $15 per day via Ride Bicycles Bike Shop
***Parents: Please do an A, B, C, Quick Check before camp starts!***
A = Air – 20+ PSI minimum
B = Brakes – be sure brakes work
C = Chain – Should be lubed at least 1x/week to prevent rusting
Quick = Quick Releases – snug
- Must have 2 hand brakes
- No coaster brakes (no backpedaling to stop)
- Must be a CPSC certified bike helmet
- Full-face helmet strongly recommended for Gravity Academy
4. Flat Pedals
- No clip in pedals
- Deity pedals available to borrow for older riders
- Closed-toed, flat soled shoes
- Five Ten or skate style work better than running shoes
- Five Ten shoes available to borrow for older riders
- Some knee and elbow pads available to borrow
First come, first serve basis
8. Hydration Pack / Water Bottle
- A hydration pack or water bottle is also recommended
- Electrolyte drink recommended too
- We will have a cooler of water to refill bottles
- Pack extra snacks!
- Clif Bars available
10. Other Items
- Bug Spray
11. Medical (as needed)
- EPI pen – must be carried by rider at all times
- Inhaler – must be carried by rider at all times
- All coaches are professionally trained
- All coaches are certified in First Aid and CPR
- All coaches are background checked
- Sweetlines has a “challenge by choice” policy
- Kat Sweet has been running kids bike programs since 2003
Inclusivity has always been a core value for Sweetlines. Kat Sweet began her mission with hope to bring more females to the sport, which now extends to all genders. At the core of her mission is inclusivity; we strive to deliver inclusive and accessible camps for all. We are working towards a future where everyone, no matter their background, such as age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability, feels they too can learn to ride mountain bikes and be part of our community. We are always trying to improve our practice so please share your expertise, feedback, and comments with us. For participants who may need accommodations, please give advanced notice to ensure that we can provide an optimal experience.
As long as you cancel 2 weeks (14 days) prior to the program start date, you will be refunded the full amount minus a $25 processing fee. No refunds for canceling within a week of the program start date unless you have a doctor’s letter. Program happens rain or shine but we may cancel if there is thunder and lightning. Due to the fire hazards of the past couple summers, we are looking into what precautions we should take to ensure the health and safety of our campers.